5 Nail Care Hacks for Strong, Polished Nails
- Use a base coat before applying polish. A base coat will help to protect your nails from the drying effects of nail polish, and it will also help to make your polish last longer.
- Apply thin layers of polish. Thick layers of polish are more likely to chip and peel. Apply polish in thin layers, and allow each layer to dry completely before applying the next one.
- Use a quick-dry top coat. A quick-dry top coat will help to seal in your polish and prevent it from chipping or peeling.
- Keep your nails trimmed and filed. Trimmed and filed nails are less likely to break or split.
- Moisturize your nails and cuticles. Dry, cracked nails are more likely to break and split. Moisturize your nails and cuticles regularly to keep them healthy and strong.
How to Keep Your Nails Healthy and Strong
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals can help to keep your nails healthy. Some of the nutrients that are essential for healthy nails include protein, iron, zinc, and biotin.
- Get enough sleep. When you are sleep-deprived, your body produces less of the hormones that are essential for nail growth. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Reduce your stress levels. Stress can lead to nail biting and other nail-damaging habits. Find healthy ways to manage stress, such as exercise, yoga, or meditation.
- Protect your nails from damage. Wear gloves when you are doing chores that could damage your nails, such as washing dishes or gardening.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals on your nails. Harsh chemicals, such as nail polish remover, can dry out your nails and make them more likely to break. Use a gentle nail polish remover and avoid soaking your nails for long periods of time.
DIY Nail Care Treatments for Healthy Nails
- Olive oil and lemon juice treatment. This treatment is great for strengthening and moisturizing nails. Simply soak your nails in a mixture of equal parts olive oil and lemon juice for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your nails with warm water and pat them dry.
- Honey and egg white treatment. This treatment is great for repairing damaged nails. Beat one egg white and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture to your nails and let it dry completely. Rinse your nails with warm water and pat them dry.
- Aloe vera gel treatment. This treatment is great for soothing dry, cracked nails. Apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel to your nails and let it dry. You can also use aloe vera gel as a base coat before applying nail polish.
- Coconut oil treatment. This treatment is great for moisturizing and strengthening nails. Simply massage a small amount of coconut oil into your nails and cuticles. Let the oil soak in for a few minutes before wiping it off with a soft cloth.
Following these tips can help you to achieve healthy, strong nails that are beautiful and polished.