3 Quick Beauty Transitions for Busy People
- Swap your daytime foundation for a BB or CC cream with sunscreen. This will give you just enough coverage to even out your skin tone and protect it from the sun, without weighing you down.
- Add a pop of color to your eyes with a brighter eyeshadow or eyeliner. This is an easy way to instantly update your look from day to night.
- Switch to a bolder lip color. A deep red, berry, or plum lip color will add drama and sophistication to your look.
Step-by-Step Guide to a Day-to-Night Look
- Start with a clean, moisturized face. This is the foundation for any good makeup look.
- Apply a light foundation or BB cream to your entire face. You can also use a tinted SFP moisturizer if you have oily skin.
- Concealer under the eyes, on any blemishes, and on any areas you want to brighten. Be sure to blend well.
- Set your foundation with a translucent powder. This will help to keep your makeup from smudging or fading.
- Bronze your cheeks, temples, and jawline. This will help to create a more sculpted look.
- Highlight your cheekbones, brow bone, and Cupid’s bow. This will help to bring light to your face and make you look more awake.
- Use a matte eyeshadow in a neutral shade all over your lids. You can also add a brighter shade to the crease and/or outer corner of your eye for a more dramatic look.
- Line your eyes with a black or brown eyeliner. You can also smudge a little eyeshadow along your lower lash line for a more smoky look.
- Mascara on your top and bottom lashes. This will help to open up your eyes and make them look more awake.
- Blush on the apples of your cheeks. A light pink or peach blush will give you a healthy, youthful glow.
- Finish with a nude or pink lip color. You can also add a gloss for a more glamorous look.
Products That Will Help You Look Effortlessly Chic
- Foundation: L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24 Hour Fresh Wear Foundation
- BB Cream: Neutrogena Healthy Skin BB Cream with Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- Concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer
- Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer
- Highlight: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter
- Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Eyeliner: Maybelline New York Hyper Easy Liquid Eyeliner
- Mascara: Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect Mascara
- Blush: NARS Blush in Orgasm
- Lip Color: MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick
Bonus Tip: Keep your makeup essentials in a travel bag or purse so you can touch up your look throughout the day. This will help you look your best, even when you’re on the go.